- We decided we are moving in a month and filled out an application for a new apartment.
- We went to the pumpkin patch.
- I made a buffalo chicken casserole, which was amazing. No lie.
- Fed the kids, played with the kids, bathed them, brushed their teeth, read stories, and put to bed with nary a tear.
- Made a cold oatmeal parfait for breakfast in the morning.
- Made rootbeer pulled pork in the crock pot.
- Made breakfast cookies.
- Did laundry.
The only explanation I have is that I won’t do any more chores or feats of amazing-ness for the rest of the week. Oh, yeah. I have to work tomorrow and teach. Maybe I should go to bed…
- 2 cups quick oats
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup peanutbutter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- large handful of dried apricots, diced
- large handful of mini semi sweet chocolate chips
Mix and bake at 325 until slightly brown.
Cold Oatmeal Parfait:
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1.5 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup peach pie filling I made this summer with my dear friend Katie
Shake until combined in a mason jar. Leave in the fridge until morning.
Rootbeer Pulled Pork
- Pork Butt, a large one
- 2 onions, halved
- 4 or 5 chipotles in adobo
- 20 ounces of rootbeer
- 1 cup-ish chicken stock
Low and slow in the crock pot all night.